Compliance Assessment Tool
The Compliance Assessment Tool is designed to provide administrators and managers with best practices to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Employees with administrative or supervisory responsibilities have a responsibility to:
- Support and enhance the mission of UT Dallas.
- Ensure the University fulfills its legal and financial obligations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Safeguard the University’s financial, human, information and physical assets.
- Create an atmosphere that encourages all UT Dallas employees to contribute to the overall excellence to the University.
How to Report a Significant Event
Examples of significant events
Significant events are defined as, but not limited to, the following:
- Reports of death or serious injury occurring on campus or involving a member of the university community.
- Allegations of fraud or fiscal loss of $100,000 or more.
- Allegations involving impropriety or failure to follow law or policy by the Chancellor, a System Executive Vice Chancellor or Vice Chancellor, the General Counsel to the Board, or the System Chief Audit Executive; or an institutional president or vice president.
- Allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Allegations related to the care or safety of minors.
- Material concerns expressed by federal and state oversight agencies.
- All security breaches involving confidential records.
- Potential media reports that may impact the reputation of the university.
- Matters that reflect a systemic threat to patient safety.
- Other allegations, significant reports, and investigations that could be viewed as a significant event.
Handbook of Operating Procedures
Official policies of The University of Texas at Dallas are contained in the University’s Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP) which is searchable online via the Policy Navigator.
UT System Policy Navigator
Official policies of The University of Texas System are available and searchable through the Policy Library.
UT System – Systemwide Compliance Program
Please visit the Program’s Systemwide Compliance Program’s website for more information.